Achieving a perfect, smooth, and flawless make up base is something which most of us struggle with. While it’s the job of your make up base to make your complexion look smooth and even, it is very easy to go wrong in getting it. The struggles to achieve a perfect make up base is endless. When most of the times they end up making your face look too heavy and cakey, the ones which are light-weighted in texture may not provide enough coverage making the skin look dull and uneven despite the base. Another common issue is the base rubbing off and not lasting enough long.
It is very important to strike a perfect balance of flawless base while it lasts through the day and still make you feel comfortable. Here are some tricks we swear by to help you achieve the flawless and long lasting make up base –
- Cleansing and Hydrating – The first and important ritual to your make up should be cleansing your skin thoroughly to remove any dirt, g you may have accumulated. After cleansing, hydrate your skin with a moisturiser your skin loves. Follow this even if you have an oily skin, because when your skin is hydrated it will not feel the urge to go on an overdrive of producing sebum.
- Prime and Proper – Primer is another product we swear by. It makes your skin even and makes sure your make up stays on for longer. You can also play with your look by using a mattifying primer or adding a little shimmer with primer to give your complexion a perfect glow. Primers being gentle and light weight are a complete yes for acne-prone skin too.
- Choosing the right shade of foundation – This is where most of us go wrong. Choosing the right shade of foundation is tricky as hell and yet most important. Generally, the foundations which are slightly yellow based goes well with every skin and complexion. To choose the correct shade, draw a swatch of the foundation along your jawline. Do the same with a shade lighter and darker and try blending. The shade which blends completely to your skin tone should be your pick. To be doubly sure, try the shade on your forehead, as women usually tend to get tan here.
- Conceal and correct – Every skin issue needs different care. So do not rely on just one shade of concealer to cover your dark circles, or blemishes. For dark circles, use a colour corrector before concealer and always use a concealer shade that is lighter to your skin tone. While for blemishes use the concealer that completely blends into your skin. Also, always use a lightweight concealer to prevent creasing.
- Set it out – Make sure to set your base with a powder. This will help you with a mattifying look and, also set your make up in place making it last longer. It is also always safer to use a translucent powder so that it doesn’t interfere with your base complexion.
- Best friends with blotting paper – If you have an oily skin, you should be best friends with blotting paper. Press the blotting paper gently against your skin to absorb all the excess oil from your base products. This will prevent your skin from getting greasy and your make up will last longer.
- Facial oil to your rescue – If your foundation sticks to the dry patches of your skin, making you feel heavy and cakey throughout the day, all you need is to add a few drops of facial oil to your foundation and mix it well. This will give you a natural and radiant finish and, also increase the coverage of your foundation.